Welcome to exclusive Grundy Chamber & ChamberMaster partnered content
THREEPEAT: LyondellBasell makes World's Most Admired Companies list
THREEPEAT: LyondellBasell makes “World’s Most Admired Companies” list
MORRIS, Ill. – January 27, 2019 – For the third consecutive year, LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB), the operator of the Morris Complex has once again been named to Fortune Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies." LyondellBasell is ranked 5th and is viewed as having one the strongest reputations across a variety of industry sectors.
“To achieve this level of distinction requires a dedicated team who has a relentless focus on operational excellence, delivering on our commitments, and being deeply rooted in the communities where we live and work,” said Randy Tatum, Morris site manager. “I’m proud to work with such a wonderful group of people who live the core values every day and deliver on what we all know is possible.”
Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired” list identifies the world’s most respected companies, as ranked by peers, board members and financial advisors on the company’s performance in nine key areas. These include the ability to attract and retain talent, the quality of management, social responsibility, innovation, quality of products and services, use of corporate assets, financial soundness, long-term investment value and global competitiveness.
In 2019, LyondellBasell:
▪ celebrated 50 years of operation and the opening of a new operation hub, a $55 million investment into Grundy County;
▪ played a leadership role in creating and launching the first global, cross-value chain Alliance to End Plastic Waste;
▪ collaborated with Samsonite to create a suitcase collection made of 100 percent post-consumer plastic waste provided through our Quality Circular Polymers joint venture with SUEZ;
▪ advanced our molecular recycling capabilities and announced the construction of a small-scale pilot plant in Ferrara, Italy to convert post-consumer plastic waste into feedstock;
▪ successfully produced plastics at commercial scale using sustainable bio-based raw materials, such as waste and residue oils in collaboration with Neste;
▪ announced Memoranda of Understanding to form two joint ventures in China which will produce chemicals used in a variety of applications including construction materials, packaging and furnishings
“Credit for this recognition goes to our employees who work tirelessly to operate safely, responsibly and deliver products that meet or exceed our customers’ needs,” said Bob Patel, CEO of LyondellBasell. “In 2020 we remain focused on the startup of our Hyperzone polyethylene plant which uses our new proprietary technology, continuing construction of our Propylene Oxide / Tertiary Butyl Alcohol (PO/TBA) plant in Texas, and delivering an outstanding value proposition for our customers and shareholders.”
Ready to grow your business?
Partner with the Grundy Chamber of Commerce and grow your business in your community